According to this woman
- It’s irrational and stupid of me to be offended that Johnny Depp played a Native American character.
- It’s okay for her to don blackface and cosplay Lana from Archer this year at Youmacon.
- But she found it offensive that white actors played Japanese characters in the film adaptations of Speed Racer and Dragonball.
Kindly tell me on what planet does any of this shit make sense?
Also worth mentioning that I am no longer on speaking terms with this person because even if I were to be civil to her in person, this shit would always be in the back of my mind and I will never, ever think of her the same way.
A Conversation I Had With The Man Who Sexually Harassed Me At A Convention
- Scumbag: [Sends me a Friend Request on Facebook]
- Scumbag: [Messages me] it is very hard to find a good integra these days
- Me: Do I know you?
- Scumbag: We met way back in 2009 [at a con] and every you and a few other cons.
- Me: That's not helping much.
- Scumbag: You were [a character that won't be named] and we met in the hot tub
- Me: Oh. You're the guy who slammed me on the table.
- Scumbag: I did? I would have remembered that? I dont like hurting people
- Me: Indeed.
- Scumbag: When did I do that? And I am so sorry. I never would have thought I had done that to anyone...
- Me: You gave me your room number and then you picked me up and slammed me on the table.
- Scumbag: Are you sure? It wasn't my room and I was to shy to even attempt that . Wow if that was me then I'm so so sorry. I don't even remember that. I'm so sorry for being such an ass
- Me: You also put your hand in my shirt to grab my nipple.
- Scumbag: Wow god. I was a fucking tool and douche back then. I am truly sorry for my immature perverted childishness.
- Me: Indeed.
- Scumbag: You must hate me and I wouldn't blame you. I'm sorry for what I did to you, for your con experience and for such a disgrace. I haven't been like that in years. (HAVEN'T. BEEN. LIKE. THAT. IN. YEARS.)
- [About this time, I told a girl friend of mine who also attends conventions about this conversation I'm having. As soon as I drop his name, she said that it is the exact same guy who sexually harassed her at a convention that happened literally a WEEK before this conversation]
- Me: Well you should also be aware that there are plenty of ladies you have offended and very recently too. So save your apologies and maybe clean up your act a bit, because it's not cool of you to disrespect boundaries and make these girls uncomfortable when they're coming ot have a good time. That being said, I'm done talking to you.
- [I Block The Scumbag]
- If you want his name so you know who to block on Facebook or who to avoid at conventions, send me an ask.
Wanna know what irks me?
When people cosplay Sae Kurosawa and make the blood on her kimono just a random splatter
ITS A BUTTERFLY WING
Who gives a fuck?
You know what irks me?
When people who dress as nurses from Silent Hill: Homecoming, and when you shine a flashlight on them, you can’t see the baby inside their stomachs.
Also, when people dress in the Hattress costume from Alice Madness Returns, and they don’t have gears spinning in their eyeballs.
Plus, those who dress as ghouls from Fallout don’t give off radiation when you stand really close to them.
And those who dress as Aela the Huntress from Skyrim but can’t turn into a werewolf.
Hot damn does THAT annoy me. Oh boy, do I not like that, not one bit.